LAViolinShop.com standard shipping policy
Standard Shipping Policy
(RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY READ CAREFULLY)
Under normal circumstances, we do our best to ship most verified orders within 2 working days – please allow us 2 days for exceptional shop set up services (we are not the big warehouse that has many boxes ready to ship as is from the Chinese factory) after receiving your payment. FedEx Ground shipments usually arrive within 6 business days; however, please allow up to 14 business days for delivery because we do special set up in our workshop in Los Angeles, and also especially during peak seasons and severe weather conditions. We ship almost entirely via FedEx Ground for domestic orders. Lightweight packages may be shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, customers are unable to specify the carrier of their choice. We ship worldwide to international destinations except for certain oversized items. (Cellos and upright bass). International orders are shipped primarily by USPS. Oversized items are excluded from this shipping policy; please see Oversized-Item Shipping Policy for oversized items.
All orders are subject to a 24 hour verification delay while we confirm your billing information with your financial institution. This is a necessary precaution to protect our customers from credit card fraud and identity theft. To avoid delay, please ensure that the billing address and phone number you provided matches what is on file with your financial institution.
We cannot ship orders on Saturdays and Sundays. Any order placed on Saturdays, Sundays or on a national holiday will be shipped on the next business day. Most PayPal instant payment orders, credit/debit card orders are shipped within 48 hours. Other forms of payment such as money orders, PayPal eCheck or personal checks are shipped once payment is received and cleared. For security purposes, all orders paid via personal checks are subject to a 10 business day delay.
On rare occasions we may face unforeseen delays shipping your order (i.e. large order volumes, weather conditions or circumstances beyond our control). We will notify you by phone or email if we determine your order will not ship by the timeframe as stated.
- Valid on most shipments to Lower 48 States.
- Does not apply to orders shipped toCanada and international destinations.
- APO/FPO shipments can only be shipped via USPS (7-15 business days) which requires an additional $10-$35 surcharge depending on the item.
- Alaska,Hawaii, and US territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Island) can only be shipped via air services which require additional shipping charges. Please call 213-503-4148 for a shipping estimate prior to completing a purchase; otherwise a shipping charge will be calculated for you automatically and added to your purchase.
- Not eligible for returned, reshipped, and exchanged packages.
- We offer Next Day, 2 Day, and 3 Day shipping for most items. Expedited shipping is not available for items being shipped to PO Boxes or APO/FPO destinations. Expedited shipping rates are determined by weight and zone. To get an estimate or to upgrade your order to expedited shipping, please contact us at1-213-471-2124
- POBox Shipping
- We cannot ship to PO Box destinations since we ship via FedEx. Please provide a physical address for delivery.
- APO/FPO Shipping
- We can ship most items to APO/FPO destinations except heavyweight or oversized items such as cellos and cello cases. APO/FPO destinations can only be shipped via USPS and may require additional handling charges.
- International Shipping
- LAViolinShop.com gladly accepts international orders; however, available products, shipping rates and fees will vary. Please contact us at 1-213-471-2124 or via email: LosAngelesViolinShop@gmail.com for shipping estimates. We ship worldwide to international destinations except for certain oversized items (cellos, cello cases). International orders are shipped primarily by USPS.
- Orders that are shipped to countries outside of theU.S. may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country (“Import Fees”). The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such Import Fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
- Shipping Delays
- We will notify you via phone or email of any delays in shipping your order by the last promised shipping date if your order has been delayed. We will advise you the new estimated shipping day or you may contact us to cancel the unshipped portion of your order.
- For your protection, your order may be diverted to order verification. As part of the verification, we will notify you via email to call us at 1-213-471-2124 or via email:LosAngelesViolinShop@gmail.com within 72 hours. If you do not contact us within 72 hours we may cancel your order and promptly issue a full refund.
- Verified Shipping Address
- During checkout, you will be asked to provide a Ship To address (if different from Bill To) to where the package will be delivered. If you do not provide a Ship To address, your package will be shipped to theBill To address; if your Bill To address is non-deliverable, your package will be shipped to the verified Ship To address on file with your Paypal account; if none of these information is available, your order will be on hold while we contact you and obtain the necessary information to process your order.
- Tracking Your Package(s)
- You will receive one or more tracking numbers on the confirmation e-mail we send you when your order is shipped. This tracking number can be used to check the status of your package at our shipping carriers’ online stores:
- Package tracking: http://www.fedex.com/us/track/index.html
- Package tracking:www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm
- Canceling an Order
- We are committed to process your order quickly; thereforethere is a short period of time in which you may cancel your order. You may cancel an order at any time prior to processing at our center by calling 1-213-471-2124. Unfortunately, we are not able to cancel orders once they have been shipped. Please refer to our Return Policy for return instructions.
- Refusal of Delivery
- If you refuse a delivery, miss your delivery appointment(s), provided inaccurate/non-deliverable address it is considered Refusal of Delivery. If an item is refused upon delivery for any reason other than showing obvious signs of damage, you are responsible for both original and return shipping cost and any other costs involved in the delivery and return process.
Oversized-Item Shipping Policy
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
LAVIOLINSHOP.COM offers a number of large and oversized items that will require special handling. Oversized items that require special handling will ship separately from other items in your order. We use specialty carriers for oversized items.
Most oversized items are shipped FREE unless otherwise specified on the product detail page. Expedited shipping is not available for oversized-items.
Oversized items are processed and shipped from our warehouse within 1-10 business days, and are usually delivered within 1-6 weeks from the ship date. In many cases your order will arrive sooner but we estimate 1-6 weeks because your shipment may encounter delays caused by unforeseen circumstances. These items are shipped via freight carrier directly to the shipping address you provided. We are unable to ship oversized items to rural routes, remote areas not in close proximity to areas commonly serviced by freight carriers, APO/FPO addresses, P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii and international destination. If you have a freight forwarder within the 48 US states that is willing to deliver to locations not serviced by our freight carrier, we may be able to forward the shipment to your carrier. Please contact our customer service at 1-213-471-2124 for details.
Important Delivery Information
Once the item reaches your local distribution center, the freight carrier will contact you 24-48 hours prior to delivery to arrange a date and time for delivery. The phone number used to contact you will be the same daytime and evening phone numbers you provided during checkout. Available delivery times will vary by region and the freight carrier’s schedule.
Our carriers will provide standard oversized item delivery service or otherwise known as a “curb side” or “lift gate” service. The delivery person will unload the shipment from the truck; however, it is your responsibility to assemble and/or install the item. Carriers will not necessarily bring the item into your house, and they may not bring an item up stairs for delivery. An adult signature will be required at the time of delivery.
Most oversized items will be delivered only to the nearest ground-level entrance of your home, business, or residence. Some freight carriers may be able to carry your item into a specific room or upstairs for an additional fee. Additional fees may also apply for apartments, unusual driveways, or any other obstacles which may be difficult for delivery.
*For apartment residents, the delivery will be brought to either the apartment loading dock, or the nearest ground level entry of the apartment building. Depending on the apartment building, some deliveries must be left at the apartment’s main office.
Before signing the carrier’s delivery receipt please inspect the carton for obvious damage; crushing, dents, creasing, etc., and indicate this on the delivery receipt. Once you sign the delivery receipt and accept the shipment the driver will depart and it will be your responsibility to unpack the item. The driver is NOT required to wait for you to unpack the item and inspect it unless there is visible damage to the package.
If, during delivery, it is obvious that there is damage, you may ask the driver to open the carton and inspect the contents with you. Upon inspection, if damage is found you may refuse the shipment and indicate, “Refused, due to damage” on the delivery receipt. Be sure to keep a copy of the delivery receipt with your damage notations and contact Customer Service immediately at 1-213-471-2124. After accepting delivery, please keep all packaging materials for 30 days in case you discover damage or defects after delivery.
If you need to make changes to a scheduled delivery after an order has been placed, you can do so by contacting the freight carrier. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-213-471-2124 to obtain freight carrier’s contact information. Please keep your tracking number handy when you contact the freight carrier.
LAVIOLINSHOP.COM Standard Return Policy
Standard Return Policy
LAVIOLINSHOP.COM we guarantee 100% money back. If you somehow don’t like our instrument, just simply return it with original box to our address (3350 W. Olympic blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90019) with RMA number, we give you 100% money back guarantee less return shipping. NO HIDDEN RESTOCKING FEES WHAT SO EVER!
LAVIOLINSHOP.COM only accepts returns shipped within the first 14 days from delivery. All returned items must have a Return Authorization Number (“RMA Number”) on the outside of the package. Any items returned without a RMA Number may be refused. Obtain a RMA Number by calling 1-213-471-2124 or via email: LosAngelesViolinShop@gmail.com . We recommend that you use a reliable carrier such as FedEx, UPS or DHL and insure your package when returning your item. LAVIOLINSHOP.COM is not responsible for shipping damages for returns.
All returned items are inspected upon arrival at the Los Angeles Violin Shop. You will be responsible for all return shipping costs. If the returned item shows signs of wear or not meeting these requirements, it may be refused or a restocking fee of up to 20% may be assessed.
You may expect to receive your refund within four (4) weeks of shipping your package back to us. Under normal circumstances you will receive a refund sooner, but we estimate four weeks because of the time required for return shipping (up to 14 days), product inspection at our facility (up to 5 business days), and processing from bank, credit card company or through the mail if item was purchased with personal check or money order (5 business days). We issue refunds in the form of payment used to make your purchase except for money orders, Western Union, or wire transfers in which case you will receive a refund in the form of a company check.
We do not give refunds for the following items (these items may only be exchanged for the same product if defective):
, gift cards; and accessories including but not limited to pegs, bows, bridges, shoulder rests, strings, Software, cassettes, books, CDs, DVDs, and videos may be returned for store credit only if in sealed original packaging.
Returned merchandise with damages, broken parts or otherwise considered non-resalable are also considered non-returnable.
How to Return an Item
- Call us at1-213-471-2124 M-F 10am-6pm PST or via email:LosAngelesViolinShop@gmail.com to obtain a RMA Number.
- Write the RMA Number on the return package. Item must be in original packaging complete with all original materials shipped with the instrument and showing no signs of wear or use.
- Ship the package back to usvia a reliable carrier and must be post marked within the first 30 days from the day you received the package.
Refusal of Delivery
If you refuse a delivery, miss your delivery appointment(s), provide inaccurate/non-deliverable address it is considered Refusal of Delivery. If an item is refused upon delivery for any reason other than showing obvious signs of damage, you are responsible for both original and return shipping cost and any other costs involved in the delivery and return process.
We carefully pack each and every item with sufficient packing material to ensure its safe arrival. We know how it feels to see your package arrive in pieces. We hate to see that happen as much as you do. But things do happen, and when it does, there’s no need to panic. Call us! We’ll do whatever necessary to help you take care of it, and a replacement package will be on its way in no time. Just like that!
It is best to refuse an obviously damaged package. If you do receive a package with hidden damages that could not be discovered until you opened the package, call us right away.
To report a damaged package:
Or email customer service at LosAngelesViolinShop@gmail.com